What is Sezzle?
- Sezzle is a payment solution that gives you the freedom to buy now and pay later - with no interest! When you complete a purchase with Sezzle, the merchant will process your order just like you paid in full, but you will have only paid a fraction of the cost.
How does Sezzle work?
- We break down the total cost of your purchase into smaller payments, spread over at least six weeks. As little as 25% is due at the time of the purchase, with the remaining amount spread out over equal installments (typically three), each two weeks apart.
- No interest or processing fees are charged to you - as long as you pay everything off on time, you only pay for what you ordered!
Who can use Sezzle?
- To use Sezzle, you must be 18 years or older* and have a valid phone number.
- You will also need to have an email address as well as a payment method ready at checkout - we accept all major debit and credit cards, and you can also link a bank account directly.
How do I sign up for Sezzle?
- You can either sign up and get your account set up directly through the Sezzle website, or you can sign up as you check out at a merchant's site! Either option will walk you through the same signup process.
Sezzle says the payments are interest-free, what's the catch?
- No catch here! Sezzle is completely interest-free for shoppers because we’re committed to financially empowering the next generation.
- Merchants pay us a fee, so you have the freedom to buy now and pay later. As long as you pay your installments on time, you’ll only pay for what you ordered—free from interest and processing fees!
- We understand that life can throw some curveballs - so if you can't make a payment on an order, we even let you reschedule a payment for free. If you need to make further reschedules, each one will be assessed a $5 fee.
- If a payment does fail, usually due to a card being canceled or there not being enough funds available in your account at the time, a $10 failed payment fee will be added on to that payment. This is separate from any overdraft fees your bank may charge you. We do send you text and email notifications to make sure you're never surprised, and if you get the failed payment resolved within 48 hours of it failing, we'll even waive that fee.
- Once a fee has been paid, there is no way to reverse it.
Does Sezzle perform a credit check?
- We complete what’s known as a “soft check,” which means we take a look at your credit score as part of our risk check, but this doesn’t have an impact to your credit score. We use this information to help verify your identity, minimize fraud risk, and approve you for Sezzle!
Is Sezzle secure?
- Your security is of utmost importance to us, which is why we undergo quarterly scans and yearly audits to ensure your data is safely stored in our systems – and to maintain compliance at the highest level in the Payment Card Industry (PCI): PCI Level 1.